We’ll be using our blog over the next couple of months to introduce our airport employees and partners. We’re kicking this off by introducing the always smiling Carola Prewett, the Cape Air Station Manager. If you have flown on Cape Air, you have undoubtedly met Carola, but we encourage you to keep reading to get to know her a little better!
1. How long have you been working at the airport?
I’ve been at the airport in Fort Leonard Wood for 18 years and this is my 4th airline. I’ve been with Cape Air for six years.
2. Tell us how things have changed since you started.
I think Cape Air’s baggage plane is the best fit for Fort Leonard Wood because of all the bags we have to accommodate due to our military travelers.
3. What is your favorite part of your job?
Interacting with the passengers.
4. Tell us why you think the airport is important to Fort Leonard Wood.
It makes for such easy travel. You check in at Fort Leonard Wood and are checked all the way through and you only have to go thru TSA once. Parking is free and you save so much time by flying and not having to drive for 2 ½ hours. It’s quick and easy. Very convenient!
5. Do you enjoy traveling?
I love to travel and see new places and experience different cultures.
6. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would visit Ireland. I love Ireland because of the countryside and I heard the food was super good. I enjoy experiencing new cultures.
7. What do you like about living in the Fort Leonard Wood Region?
I’ve been around the military for over 30 years. It’s home to me.
8. What would you tell someone who is considering flying directly to Fort Leonard Wood?
I encourage folks to fly to Fort Leonard Wood. You are always greeted with a smile and it’s very easy to get around to the communities from Fort Leonard Wood.